無頭像
Hcsxlq5x
註冊會員

帖子 12246
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2411
發表於 2017-11-15 18:58 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By: Kiana WilburgBefore she was even a teen,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Latoya Andrea Roberts always knew that whatever career path she was going to take, it must lead her to achieving a most profound life goal—making a difference in the world.However, coming from a poor background, the realization of this dream seemed in her younger days, a mere illusion.With much perseverance and an unquestionable faith in the Supreme Being, Roberts today stands overjoyed as she recently emerged as the top graduating Guyanese law student from the Hugh Wooding Law School.The 29-year-old admits that while law is an enormous undertaking, given the commitment needed, there is no other job she would rather do. For her, it is a blessing to be able to embrace such an extraordinary calling.In her interview with this publication,NFL Jerseys China, Roberts spoke candidly about her journey to “living the dream” in her homeland.“COUNTRY GIRL” ?Roberts grew up with her mother, Myrtle Peters, in Vreed-en-Rust, West Bank Demerara.Guyana’s best graduating student from the Hugh Wooding Law School, Latoya RobertsShe shared that her mother was a single parent who did mostly farming and basket weaving to support three children.“I was a country girl. And life in my village was very different to what took place in town. I helped my mother a lot with farming, the funds from which she used to take care of me,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, my brother and my sister. In that village, I attended Sandhills Nursery and Sandhills Primary School. I remember that most times, we went to school barefoot and held our books in our hand or in a plastic bag. We used a boat for most of our travels. But regardless of the struggles, my mother always insisted that an education is the key to improving our future. She wanted us to have a better life than she did. She pushed us and I am grateful for that,” expressed Roberts.With the support and blessings of her mother, Roberts said that she was sent to live in the city with her relatives to further her education.When she came to Georgetown, she wrote the Common Entrance Examinations and obtained a place at North Georgetown Secondary School. But Roberts was heartbroken by the results.? She had her sights set on President’s College.The determined young woman said, “I really wanted President’s college. My sister went there before me and so I was disappointed when I did not make it there. However, I made the best of it. During my school years there, I had a serious interest in business related subjects. And in 2004, I graduated as the best graduating student from North Georgetown Secondary with nine subjects.”FOR THE LOVE OF LAWIt just so happened that Roberts was able to fulfill one of her childhood dreams as she became a sixth form student at President’s College.“I was happy about being able to attend President’s College and it was a fulfilling experience…So after CXC, I was not too sure as to what subject I would choose to lead my career path. I thought perhaps business would be great but I still was not that sure about it. Eventually, I spoke with my mentor, Derill Gittens and based on his knowledge of the type of person I am,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, he suggested that I do law,” Roberts expressed.She added, “I really am grateful for Mr. Gittens’ role in my life. You can say he was like a father to me. At age 14, I became a Seventh Day Adventist and I was very active in the youth clubs which he led most times. He took a keen interest in me and was a mentor for me. Based on his advice,NFL Jerseys China, I decided to give law a try.”Roberts recalled that her law tutor at President’s College was Mr. Yohance Cave.Cave at the time, was also serving as a magistrate.The 29-year-old said that it was Cave’s encouraging lessons which sparked a love for the law. She said that under his tutelage, it was evident that law was the path she was going to take to make the difference she always dreamed of.Roberts said, “I always had childhood dreams of ensuring that I make a difference in the world; that a day would come when I would be able to do better for my family. And it became clear that law was the answer…like doctors, lawyers have the ability to shape lives, to change lives,Cheap Jerseys, to save lives. They bring life to society through various procedures which they use to secure justice.”The ambitious belle also turned out to be the best graduating student for President’s College at the sixth form level. The next step was the University of Guyana. There, Roberts pursued and successfully completed her Bachelors of Law Degree.“By that time, my mom secured a portion of land in ‘B’ Fi